Fresenius’ ADR program is administered by Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas (Deutsche Bank). As the depositary bank, Deutsche Bank performs the following roles for ADR holders as further detailed in the Deposit Agreement:
- Records and maintains the register of ADR holders,
- Is the stock transfer agent,
- Distributes dividends in U.S. dollars,
- Facilitates the voting process and the exercise of the voting rights of ADR holders at any Company
- General Meeting if permitted by the Company and the Depositary Agreement,
- Issues and cancels Fresenius American Depositary Receipts (ADRs),
- Can distribute Company circulars and General Meetings (including Annual General Meeting) documentation, if applicable.
For those holders who are not registered because their ADRs are held through a ‘Street name’ (nominee account), your nominee will from time to time receive Company documents from Deutsche Bank to distribute to ADR holders. You need to make arrangements with your nominee if you wish to receive such documents and to be able to exercise your vote through the depositary bank at General Meetings (if applicable).